Finding financial aid for summer classes
As a rule, you’re not typically required to take summer classes. However, you may need to in order to graduate on time. If you receive the Frank O’Bannon Grant or are in the 21st Century Scholars Program, you need to complete a certain number of credit hours each year to maintain your eligibility for those awards.
If you do enroll in summer classes, we’ll evaluate you for financial aid. To be considered for summer aid, you must have filed your FAFSA and meet general eligibility requirements along with these additional requirements:
- You must be enrolled in a minimum number of credit hours:
- Undergraduates: At least six hours (with the exception of Federal Pell Grants, as explained on this page)
- Graduate students: At least four hours
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress
- You’ll need to have completed any financial aid items on your To Do List in One.IU
Different loan and grant programs may have additional requirements.