Authorize IUPUI to Use Your Financial Aid

Want to use federal aid to pay your fees?

If you have Title IV financial aid such as a Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Direct Loan, Perkins Loan, or PLUS loan (parents or graduate students), you can use your aid to pay for noninstitutional charges such as your parking permit or recreation fee.

You’ll need to have a Title IV authorization on file for federal aid money to be applied to these charges automatically. If you don’t sign an authorization, you’ll have to wait for your financial aid refund before you can pay the remaining balance on your account, and your account might be past due.

Be sure to sign your Title IV authorization before your aid is applied to your student account (usually around 10 days before classes start).

A Title IV authorization remains in effect for your entire IU academic career unless you revoke it. It’s campus-specific, so if you transfer to another IU campus, you must sign a new authorization.