If you’re receiving your degree and financial aid from IUPUI or IUPUC (your home campus) and want to receive financial aid while studying at another IU campus, you’ll need to file a consortium agreement no later than 30 days before the end of the term in which you plan to study on another campus. You must file a new consortium agreement for each term you intend to study at another IU campus.
How to get financial aid when studying on another IU campus
What’s a consortium agreement?
A consortium agreement allows your home campus to use your enrollment at another IU campus to determine your financial aid eligibility.
Meet these criteria
If you’d like to be considered for a consortium to study at another campus, you must meet the following criteria:
- The courses you’re taking at the other campus must be required to earn your degree.
- To study at another campus during the fall or spring semester, you must have completed at least one full academic year at your home campus.
- To study at another campus during the summer, you must have completed at least one term at your home campus, rather than a full academic year.
- You must have a clear academic purpose for attending another IU campus. For example:
- The class isn’t offered at your home campus.
- Your academic program requires you to attend at another campus.
Study at these campuses
You can receive aid while studying at these campuses:
- IU Bloomington
- IUPUI (if IUPUC is your home campus)
- IU East
- IU Kokomo
- IU Northwest
- IU South Bend
- IU Southeast
- IUPUC (if IUPUI is your home campus)
Submit a consortium agreement
Before you file a consortium agreement, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements for financial aid. If your appeal is approved, we’ll contact your host campus to collect cost of attendance information. We’ll also monitor your enrollment to make sure you remain eligible for your financial aid.
When will my aid disburse?With a consortium, your aid will not disburse until 10 days before the start of your first class at any IU campus.
IUPUI will not pay your host school directly for your charges. You’re responsible for paying your host school using your financial aid refund, if available, from IUPUI.
Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at 317-274-4162 or email@example.com with questions or to request these forms in an accessible format.