Citizenship Verification

Verify your citizenship

You’ll need to verify your citizenship to be eligible for in-state tuition rates as well as scholarships, grants, assistantships, or other aid funded through IUPUI.

If you’re unable to verify that you’re lawfully residing in the United States, your residency status will be changed to nonresident, and you’ll lose your university financial aid.

Your residency and aid will be unaffected if:

  • You’re a U.S. citizen
  • You’re a permanent resident, asylee, or refugee
  • You live outside the United States and will complete your program while residing abroad
  • You’re a foreign national with a valid U.S. visa or immigration status

Need help?

If you’re unsure how to complete the verification because of your visa or immigration status, or if you need to update your citizenship status, contact the Office of International Affairs.

If you have other questions, contact the Office of the Registrar.